- After getting a bite at the Chinatown Eatery (our custom after Kala gets off the bus), we stopped by the Diesel on Friday night. We got there pretty late, but got to say hi to a few folks and had a nice time.
- Saturday we took a walk around Jamaica Pond, and then I introduced her to JP Licks. (We did something else fun between JP licks and another sort of hedonism, but I forget what it was. Kala, if you're reading this, feel free to remind me.)
- Sunday we went to the Biversity Brunch at Buddha's Delight, where I was surprised and delighted by my friend ρ and her children, as well as a couple other friends of hers whom I know. After that, Kala and I went to the Fells, where we each got some good pictures. I was very happy that Kala got to share the Fells and Jamaica Pond, two of my favourite places, and that she appreciated them as much as I do.
- Monday I got home fairly late from work, but we had a delightful evening. I love the breadth of Kala's conversation, which ranged on Monday from JPEG image compression to Bach's contribution to instrument tuning. (I hadn't realized that "The Well-Tempered Clavier" referred to a radical new style of tuning!) Before I collapsed (and she set to work on her laptop) she taught me some music theory, which makes me happy.
- Tuesday morning she came in to work with me before taking the T to the bus station, so she got to see my office in the new building.
Weekend with Kala
Many thanks to plumtreeblossom for keeping folks back here in civilization in the loop. And many thanks to those of you who commented…