(Aside: I wonder if “wonderful” is the most frequent adjective in my subject lines. Maybe I need a thesaurus.)
This weekend deserves more than bullet points, but I unfortunately don’t have time to do it justice.
- Made some progress on cleaning the house. The kitchen is totally almost presentable, if you don’t look through any of the doorways!
- Lovely night in at my house with plumtreeblossom. Tortellini with meatballs and pesto followed by a Nova episode (on Netflix) on the evolution of the relationship between dogs and humans.
- Since plumtreeblossom has class tomorrow night, we celebrated Valentine’s Day today, starting with...
- Dim sum at Empire Garden, the restaurant where we had our first date! Getting there was stressful, since we didn’t realize that Lunar New Year celebrations continued through this weekend, and parades and fireworks and festivities, while lovely, provided unexpected driving and parking challenges. But when we got seated at the crowded restaurant we had a fabulous meal and a fabulous time remembering that first date and reflecting on all the wonderful things that grew out of it.
- Two shows at the Museum of Science: a whale documentary at the Omni theater, and a dinosaur show (mainly about two particular kinds known from Patagonian fossils, Argentinosaurus and Giganotosaurus).
- And dinner at Redbones to celebrate joyeous birthday was a wonderful way to cap the day!