(1) I forgot to mention in my post about the weekend that Saturday morning plumtreeblossom
and I got together with my old college friend beeiger
her son projectmothra
, and her girlfriend lediva
for early brunch at Johnny D’s, and we had a delightful time.
(2) I’ve switched my phone service over to a new carrier, and I can send and receive voice calls and send
text messages, but so far I haven’t been able to receive
text messages. Perhaps the SMS routing system is independent from the voice-call routing system and that part of the switch hasn’t happened yet, but in any case, for now, don’t assume I can get your text messages. My phone number hasn’t changed.
(3) I have some health news (on balance good, but leaving me pretty dissatisfied with the state of my health care) which I will eventually post about. Anyway, the tingling, itching, and occasional pain in my hands and feet is gone now. :-)
(4) A lovely coda to my extended weekend was having cathijosephine
ask if I wanted to meet them for a trip to the beach so they could fly their kites. I joined them, had a great time watching them fly kites and hanging out, and was introduced to a wonderful beach just a short walk from the T, which I look forward to taking plumtreeblossom
to soon. (We had a kind of stressful experience towards the end of the evening, after it had gotten dark, when after a long walk across he beach m_c_t
discovered he didn’t have his phone. The three of us spread out and retraced the path he and I had been walking, constantly calling the phone so it would be ringing, and we did find it. That was a huge relief!)
(5) And then on the way home I had an extra-thick double-malted frappe for dinner (because the places that served real food had just closed, but I’m not complaining!).