- Talked to my mother for a good little while this morning (and to Don for a bit). She’s not having the time of her life, but she’s doing better than she was yesterday, she’s in good spirits, all signs so far are that it is not a blood clot (which seems to be what her doctors were most eager to rule out) but pneumonia or pleurisy, and mirabile visu the food in the hospital is actually good!
- Despite leaving a couple of voicemail messages (with different people) and a piece of email with URGENT in the subject line, I have heard nothing from Fenway’s referrals department (or my nurse) about whether my referral will be processed in time for me to keep my sleep-specialist appointment tomorrow. So I’m going to go ahead and keep it, and cross my fingers and hope it gets paid for. (That’s just a consultation, not the actual study.) Fenway has some really awesome healthcare professionals, but they also have some significantly broken infrastructure.
- cathijosephine’s sleep study last night was a horribly gruelling experience, but it sounds like it produced useful data.
- Chickenfinger is still cute.
- Run Lola Run is still a hugely fun movie.
Apologies for the fact that I haven’t been reading LJ any more, but this thing I just posted on Facebook was important enough, and enough like the…
Many thanks to plumtreeblossom for keeping folks back here in civilization in the loop. And many thanks to those of you who commented…