I discovered today that our wonderful third-floor tenant unfortunately won't be able to renew her lease with us in September. So we are looking for a tenant or tenants for our third-floor apartment in Malden. Details (including pictures and a floor plan) are online at http://www.aq.org/thirdfloor/, at least whenever we happen to have any net. (If you don't get a connection, try again in ~10min. Some of the details are also below.) We're asking $1150.00, and the apartment will be available either September 1 or October 1 (our current tenant says she'd be able to stay an extra month if that were convenient).
If you're interested or know of somebody who might be, please let me know! And in view of my net situation, please Cc: my work address, jay at ccs dot neu dot edu as well as my regular email address.
If after looking below you think you might be interested, please send me (Jay Sekora, one of the owners) email at <firstname.lastname@example.org> or call me at 781/962-4037.
The apartment has:
- two bedrooms (both with closets, one with a great view south to the Boston skyline).
- living room with linen closet
- hardwood floors
- an awesome paint-job by the creative former tenant (who however has offered to repaint the apartment in neutral colours if the new tenant prefers)
- a big kitchen (the stove is gas) with hookups for a washer and dryer
- a private deck that has a great view south - you can watch the fireworks over the Charles on the Fourth of July :-)
- access to the DSL-connected house server and a really short email address :-)
- off-street parking, as well as ample on-street parking
- lots of storage space available
- a pleasant, sane, tolerant (e.g. GLBT-friendly) landlord downstairs
- access to the washer and dryer in the basement if desired
- hookups for washer and dryer in the apartment, in case you have them
- space to garden in the front yard if desired
- some furnishings available if you need them
- new windows