- Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF). They’re who I’m about to donate to. (Thanks to derien for the mention.)
- American Friends Service Committee, as recommended by bubblebabble.
- And Amazon currently have a button to donate to the American Red Cross on their front page. I personally don’t like Amazon as a company, and have very mild pricklies about the Red Cross, but I didn’t want to leave that link out.
- Edit: Wex and simonbillenness suggest Oxfam America; see their comments below. simonbillenness works for them. If I’d thought of them earlier I might have given to them instead of MSF, or split my contribution.
- Edit: keyne points to the American Institute of Philanthropy’s article “The Best Way to Assist in Providing Emergency Relief in Southeast Asia”, which lists and rates charitable organizations helping with the relief effort.
Links for donating towards tsunami disaster relief
What I do, explained using only the ten hundred words people use the most: I help computers do the things people want them to do and try to fix them…
(Cross-posted from aroraborealis’ annual confessional thread. Anonymous postings are on and I’ve temporarily turned off IP-address…
I know that 2009 was pretty horrid for a lot of people. One way we might make 2010 a bit better is to spread some love around. So if you care to…