- Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF). They’re who I’m about to donate to. (Thanks to derien for the mention.)
- American Friends Service Committee, as recommended by bubblebabble.
- And Amazon currently have a button to donate to the American Red Cross on their front page. I personally don’t like Amazon as a company, and have very mild pricklies about the Red Cross, but I didn’t want to leave that link out.
- Edit: Wex and simonbillenness suggest Oxfam America; see their comments below. simonbillenness works for them. If I’d thought of them earlier I might have given to them instead of MSF, or split my contribution.
- Edit: keyne points to the American Institute of Philanthropy’s article “The Best Way to Assist in Providing Emergency Relief in Southeast Asia”, which lists and rates charitable organizations helping with the relief effort.
Links for donating towards tsunami disaster relief
Many thanks to plumtreeblossom for keeping folks back here in civilization in the loop. And many thanks to those of you who commented…