I haven’t been very good about journalling lately. I’m still here; I’ve just been busy. Recent events:
- Went with cathijosephine to bearsir’s excellent and well-attended reading at desiringsubject’s house from Bear’s recent book Butch is a Noun.
- Went to DC for a con. Had transportation hell on the way there. Had a good time, although being so late started me off a bit on the wrong foot.
- Had a fab dinner with cathijosephine at our favourite Irish pub. (Light on the Guinness — we shared one — and heavy on the Meat. Oh, addendum to my previous medical post: It turns out I have mild anemia. Meeting with my PCP tomorrow to talk about that. Nice to have confirmation for my intuitive sense that I’m an obligate carnivore.) Then stopped in at darxus’ place and hung out for a while, so I got to see both of them before their OMFG! TRIP TO INDIA!
- Had a lovely date with plumtreeblossom, in which she introduced me to Gargoyle’s, an upscale restaurant in Davis Square, and we pronounced it good.
- Had the followup with my sleep specialist, described elsewhere
- I’d been feeding and looking in on cathijosephine’s cat Chickenfinger (who formerly lived with the most awesome xmelancholia and treasonx). Well, a day or so after cathijosephine and darxus left for India, signs went up in her building saying that plumbers were going to be traipsing through everybody’s apartments looking for plumbing problems, because evidently the building’s water usage recently tripled. Chickenfinger is both skittish and fascinated by the World Outside under the best of circumstances; I did not trust the management company or the plumbers to be sufficiently cautious with her, so I brought her over to my place. It’s great having her here, although my nose and eyes definitely notice that there’s cat dander in the house. Well, they notice when I spend long enough petting her on my lap, anyway. :-)
- Had another fab date with plumtreeblossom, during which we had dinner with a couple nice people I know (one of whom I know from college and hadn’t seen in about a decade), went to a delightful party with a bunch of awesome people (and yummy munchies), snuggled up in bed with Chickenfinger, and went to the local hole-in-the-wall diner (Sam’s Restaurant, on School Street) for perfect comfort-food brunch.
- Did a bit more unpacking. Yes, I’ve been living in this house for a year and I’m nowhere near unpacked. At this rate I have to live to 100, beacause I won’t be done unpacking before then.
That’s about what I can remember. Wow, even in bullet points it’s long. That’ll teach me to update more often. :-)
Oh, one PS I don’t think I’ve mentioned: I shaved off my beard in hopes of a better fit for the full-face CPAP mask. Doesn’t seem to have made any difference, but it’s a little less work to maintain than the goatee, so I’m probably going to keep it that way for a while. I am, however, growing my hair out, so this userpic doesn’t look much like me.